914 Main Street
Saint Joseph, MO 64501
1810 South 40th Street, Saint Joseph, MO 64507
We are on a mission to save the home of the inventor of the saltine cracker, Frank L. Sommer. Located in St. Joseph, Missouri, this structure is in danger of being completely lost and the history along with it. Part of our desire is to not only save a piece of history, but to create a place that the community can use and be proud of.
• Jan 2015- Asked the Landmark Commission to appeal to the City on our behalf to waive matching fund requirements for a $29,000 historic buildings grant.
• Jan 28th, 2015 – Public meeting at 7pm, City Hall
• March 10th, 2015 Fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse!
• March 26th, 2015 @ 4:15pm- Our president will speak at a city council work session about why the house is worth saving.
• April 26th, 2015 High Tea and historical homes walk at the Harris Kemper historic district in St. Joe, MO. We will have a silent auction fundraiser, come check it out! Type your paragraph here.